Application Letter

3451 Sawmill Cr
Vancouver, BC V5S
Canada

May 30th, 2022

English 301 Technical Writing Class
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4
Canada

Subject: Professional Writing Team Member 

Dear English 301 Class, 

I am writing this letter in response to the professional writing position that was listed on the English 301 blog page. As a Bachelor of Computer Science student at UBC, with a previous degree in Chemistry, I have been a part of numerous successful teams. So, with the combination of both my academic background and enthusiastic work ethic, I am confident that I would make valuable contributions to your writing team.

After graduating from UVic, I spent a year working at Ballard Power Systems. As a research scientist, I kept meticulous organization and documentation of materials. With many of my coworkers working from home, communicating these details via email was something I became proficient with. Furthermore, I wrote numerous scientific reports, so I also became comfortable addressing an audience in a professional tone. In meeting people of so many diverse backgrounds from both my work and volunteer experience, I have gained excellent communication and interpersonal skills. I believe these skills will not only complement my future career in software development, but also be applicable to your team. 

I may lack the professional English and communications background, but as a current student in ENGL301 and CRWR200, I am working to improve my written communication skills. Learning plays an important role in my life, and it’s the primary reason I pursued a second degree. Patience and dedication are two characteristics I believe are important for success. By being a hard worker, I succeed in meeting project and assignment deadlines, which I believe is an important quality for a team member to have.

I am optimistic that I will be an excellent fit for this position. If you would like to discuss my fit as a part of your team, please contact me via email at nichwhi@gmail.com. Thank you for taking the time to consider me and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Nicole

301 Nicole White Application Letter

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.