Baby, Baby, Baby Ohh

The government of China had enforced a one-child policy to due to overpopulation years ago, which led to difficulties in allocating resources such as food and land to the people. According to an article from ABC news, however, China currently allows couples to have 2 children if one of the parents is an only child.

Although I don’t believe China should’ve limited people from having big families, I learned that if you don’t react to the changes in the environment, you can sink. China finally noticed that the country is growing, and in order for it to become more prosperous, more citizens are needed. The government, therefore, finally decided to alter their one-child policy by allowing only-child parents in having one more baby.

As I’ve mentioned before, I am not a fan of how China doesn’t give the citizens the freedom of starting their own family. However, in the Chinese government’s point of view, China once again has sustainable competitive advantage and is at the top of the game. From first curbing the overpopulation by restricting more than one child in a family, to now granting some parents in having one more baby, China is constantly changing and becoming more efficient.