Online Marketing

For the past two summer, I worked in a paid-internship for a website selling European home appliances in Hong Kong. The job required me to reach out to different advertisers, dealing with customers first hand, setting up events, creating content on social media, navigating Shopify and understanding basic HTML. This job gave me a basic skill set in online marketing, and I would definitely continue this job if I didn’t come to Canada to study. The website is www.eurobrands.hk

Waitressing/bartending

The different restaurants I worked in had very different customers. It allowed me to understand the demographics of Hong Kong and its social hierarchy. It also enhanced my communication skills and confidence because I have to constantly adjust my language depending on who I am talking to.

Tutoring Piano

This is the most recent job I’ve been in and I learned that education and communication need to work in harmony in order to be effective. I struggled with conveying the material because the student was not respecting my authority. There is still much to learn and it is a career I will continue to pursue.