working at the GEU

GEU logo

GEU logo

My day at work at the GEU was very quiet and productive. I have the wireframe done for the website and had some time to insert some copy supplied by Divine. I talked to the receptionist to get a digital version of their logo, it’s pretty cute. The power only went out once, and only for about 10 minutes. Believe me, this was a huge factor in my productivity.

It’s going to be a very basic website, outlining their mandate, activities they are involved with all over Ghana, their partnerships and even general FAQs to address common socio-cultural negative attitudes towards girls’ education. Aside from disseminating this information to the public, the website will also serve the purpose of providing a directory of important contacts within the GEU – a lot of work goes to ‘head office’ (Ministry of Education) and must get re-routed by snail mail, because people don’t have a way of looking up the GEU on the web right now.

work in progress

work in progress

I’m keeping it simple and clean so it will be easy to update once I’m gone. Tomorrow’s plan is keep on truckin’ with inserting the rest of the content I have, and then asking for feedback. My plan is to have the basic structure totally done before I leave, and to do a quick orientation with Earnest on how to update it from here on out, how to register a domain, etc.