Hello!

10456124_10152533203416407_6339369818990986681_n

My name is Nabila Jessa and I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I am an English teacher originally from Calgary, Alberta.

As a child, I remember my sister would assign me the role of a student while she played the teacher. She gave me numerous spelling tests and quizzed me on my math skills; however, I always wished I would get to one day play the role of a teacher.

My opportunity came while I was working at The Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth, where I worked with junior high and high school students who had just immigrated to Canada. My job was to teach them life skills in an after-school program setting. The life skills they learned would assist them not only in their daily lives short-term, but long-term as well. It was here that I was able to acknowledge my passion and love for teaching. It was a great feeling knowing that I was making a difference in these children’s lives.  My passion stems from a love of knowledge and my consistent curiosity is why I plan to incorporate innovation and creativity in my classroom.

This website will include my teaching philosophy, my educational background, lesson plans that I have created and used during my practicum, and examples of artifacts from my practicum.