Application Letter

Standard

May 27th, 2022

English 301 98A Technical Writing

Subject: Application for Writing Team

Dear classmates;

Looking forwards at this coming semester, I am excited for the writing skills we will all develop together. Writing has always been a passion of mine; however, it has only been in the past couple of years where I have had to move my purpose for writing from recreational to professional. The experience I have gained in my career would hopefully be an asset to a writing team. In my younger years in school, I came 3rd place in a speech contest, and well as winning an award for academic excellence in English writing skills when graduating.

I graduated from John Abbott College in 2020 from the dental hygiene program and have been working as a dental hygienist in Ottawa since then. Being in a career has forced me to adapt to the changing workplace in these changing technological times. Furthering my education at UBC’s faculty of dentistry has allowed me to extend my skills into other areas of writing, such as research papers and literature reviews.

I hope that you will consider me to join your writing team and have faith that my references would vouch for my abilities as well as my skills when it comes to working as a team.

I thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Sincerely,

Olivia Fournier

livfour@student.ubc.ca

301 Olivia Fournier Application Letter