McDonalds future on hold

Is customization the way to go for McDonald’s or is Adams more accurate in claiming that McDonald’s focus should continue to be on

speed?

My classmate Tiffany Chen raises an important question for the future of the company.

Personally, I feel like this is a huge decision for the company therefore both sides need to be evaluated thoroughly. The idea of customisation is being adapted as companies are starting to realise that its very difficult to please everyone, so why not let consumers decide what they want? If anything goes wrong, they cannot blame the dish or the restaurant as they themselves dictated the recipe.

However, keeping up with their USP of fast services would allow them to remain in their current market of fast food, where the company is hugely successful. In addition, just like they have been doing for the past years, they could always introduce new, healthier options, ones that are quick to make but also satisfy the “healthy” need. Even though, when it comes to healthy, most consumers do not think of McDonalds as their first option, however having the USP of being fast proves favourable in terms of consumer decision.

In conclusion, I believe that the company has enough margin to tests new ideas, therefore customisation is surely worth a try.

“Social Media in Asia.” Social Media in Asia. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2013.