Tim Cook – The Gay CEO

Recently, Tim Cook, the well-known new CEO of Apple after Steve Job’s death, admitted that he is gay in his written-up passage.  He also mentioned that admitting himself of being gay would not affect or hinder him from doing any action, or even the reputation of the company.  This can be proved by what he said – All of his colleagues know that he is gay, but they still treat him the same way as usual.

After Tim Cook admitted that he is gay, not only did I admired his confidence in doing so (I don’t mean I am gay :P), I am still using Apple products as usual.  Sometimes, I personally think that admitting something that is considered “sensitive” and “unwelcoming” in public  by oneself is indeed a good and intelligent action.  This is related to the world of mass media.  According to my experience, mass media often over exaggerate on the news they found.  For example, for once they accused a celebrity of Taiwan of dating two women since he wants to provide happiness for women.  However, this is not the real reason why he dates 2 women. In conclusion, I would like to show great appreciation to Tim Cook.  The another point is, saying one’s unique feature would only do little or none effect to the company’s corporate image.