Re: Everyone Wants to Work for Google

dublin-atrium.jpg

James’ Blog “Everyone Wants to Work for Google” advertises the main reason why the people who are looking for job should go and work for Google.  Not only does Google provides a good working environment for its employees, it also provide lots of benefits for workers like healthcare, free food, insurance etc.

This blog, same as what James does, reminds me about the previous business class that I attended.  During that class, my classmates and I went through a company named Zappos, which maintains a democratic, and similar living environment for the workers.  Even though this kind of living environment sounds not formal enough for a working space, it may actually boost the loyalty and the sense of belonging of the workers, thus making them to work more efficient and harder to be brought away by the other companies’ offers that provide them more salaries and/or benefits.

In my opinion, I think this type of leadership style and organizational culture is unique, and at the same time, displays the company owners’ and managers’ successfulness in operating the company and their magnificent strategy in making everyone happy, while being in the top of the market.

James’ Blog link:

Everyone Wants to Work for GOOGLE!