UFC Conspiracy

Recently GSP defended his title against Johny Hendricks in UFC 167 and won by a controversial decision. Many fans were confused by the decision and many educated fans agreed that Hendricks won the fight, and this wasn’t the first time the judges have seemed incompetent of judging.

However as I began frantically looking for the video I was unsuccessful. My only option to view the fight was to pay for it. That’s when I realized all the benefits for the UFC the controversial decision would cause.

GSP is one of the most loved mixed martial artists in the UFC, and recieves a lot of attention. Any controversy revolved around him would get the UFC lots of publicity. Not to mention people, including me, wanting to purchase the fight to see it for oneself. This results in free marketing, the opportunity of a hyped-up rematch, and the added value proposition in purchasing the fight to be able to self analyze the match.

I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying the UFC is rigged, however I believe it is possible that Dana White is in no rush to communicate with the athletic commissions to hire better judges.