Skip navigation

UCLA student Sy Stokes publicly voices his opinion in an eye-opening video about the age-old debate and topic of racial discrimination. Although no one can admit that racial discrimination is still happening, other than those who are unfortunately the targets of it, it is still alive in our society.

As I have given this topic a fair amount of thought recently I realized the only way we have any reason to discriminate based on race is because of history. No one can deny there was a time when white men held African Americans as slaves. It is a fact that cannot be erased from history. My opinion is that it should be. Although it may seem controversial, in order to help our society advance in future generations we need to erase any reason for there to be a gap between people based on skin colour. If we were not educated about the past and how unfairly treated African Americans were, there would be no reason for younger generations to think of themselves any differently solely based on skin colour.

Feel free to comment your opinions as I would love to carry on this conversation.