Application Letter

570 Grandview Terrace

Leonia, NJ 07605 

May 30, 2022

piperkim13@gmail.com

Hello Class of English 301,

My name is Piper Kim and I am proposing myself as a potential group member to you all in this application letter. I believe that I hold many positive attributions (which I will further discuss) that will be useful for our possible group. 

Some information about myself is that I am from New Jersey but hold dual citizenship (USA and Canada). I will graduate next May with a BA in Political Science with a focus on journalism and communications/PR. After completing my bachelor’s, I intend on going to grad school either at UBC or McGill for an MBA. Once I finish all my education, I hope to venture off into the business industry as a Public Relations specialist. 

Throughout my years at UBC, I have taken a majority of political science courses. In these courses, I have written tons of essays that range from research-based to comparative book reviews. With that said, I am confident in my writing skills. This strength of mine will be reflected in our group assignments. Adding on, I have also completed a handful of commerce courses in which I had to join semester-long groups with meetings in-person and on Zoom. I am a creative person that interacts and communicates well with my other peers. In these group projects, I helped schedule meetings and divided roles based on what best suited one’s expertise. In the end, I maintained a friendly yet professional relationship with my group members and was able to complete our projects without any difficulties. 

Aside from my academics, I am a hard worker. I have worked part-time jobs since high school and am a current manager at my local ice cream shop. In my job, I oversee 20+ employees and handle inventory, train new workers, and deal with more responsibilities than a typical employee. Along with my job, I also participated in various volunteer work. For example, I volunteered at a summer camp for my town in which I had to lead a small group of 3rd and 4th graders. As a result of my past work, I know I can prove myself to be a diligent and studious group member.

Based on my previous experiences, I believe that I will be a great addition to your group because of my work ethic and competence. Although I may procrastinate and my grammar may not always be correct, I do complete my assignments on time and will always be open to criticism. Moreover, I will not disrupt anyone’s work, but be of assistance to anyone that needs it. 

I believe that I will be an ideal candidate for your group. If you are interested, please connect with me through my email, piperkim13@gmail.com. I am looking forward to meeting you all soon. 

Warm regards, 

Piper Kim

301 Piper Application Letter