BIO

Hello! My name is Piper Kim and I am a third year student at UBC, majoring in Political Science. I am from New Jersey, USA but I occasionally visited Vancouver, BC when I was younger. I have interests in reading and writing, thus the reasoning I am taking this course. Regarding my major, I am into learning about global news and analyzing the political climate in which I can apply to my studies. With my major, I am more interested in the technical aspect of the field and hope to lead a future career path in the business, media, or communications industry. I have taken a handful of commerce courses at UBC and it has sparked  my curiosity in venturing out into the the business world. Thus,  in the future, I plan on possibly attending grad school to receive a Master of Business Admin (MBA). However, I am still uncertain about my post-graduation plans and whether I will work in either Canada or the States. 

Nonetheless, my idealist job is to work in the music industry (Sony Music) for Public Relations. I found this job to be the most similar combination of all my interests.

With Technical Writing, I hope to obtain and expand my communication and writing skills as they both are an essential element in my work environment. I enjoy writing and want to improve on my skills through this course. Ultimately, I believe this course will a stepping stone and be helpful guide for me in the future. 

Aside from my professional and academic interests, I am also a huge foodie, BookTok reader, music lover and an avid K-drama watcher! I love attending concerts, with my most recent being Harry Styles. If you are interested any of these, feel free to talk to me about them! Looking forward to the rest of the semester!