Email Memorandum

Date: May 26, 2021

To: Erika Paterson

From: Pooja Patel

Subject: Posted 301 Application Letter

As requested, I am writing to inform you of my completed application letter for the position of Professional Writing Team Member. I have posted this letter to my blog as well as attached a copy to this email for your convenience.

The letter consists of:

• A summary of my academic and professional experiences.
  • A description of my skills including time management, versatility, and dedication.
  • An ability I would like to improve on.

Please feel free to contact me if you require any additional information and/or have any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Pooja Patel

301 Pooja Patel Application Letter

301 Application Letter

May 26th, 2021

ENGL 301 98A

Erika Paterson 

Vancouver, BC

Re: Professional Writing Team 

Dear Fellow Students, 

I am writing this to express my sincere interest in becoming a committed member of your ENGL 301 Technical Writing class team. I am a recent Integrated Sciences graduate student from the University of British Columbia and have also secured a healthcare position for the past 7 years in which competent teamwork skills are heavily relied on. I believe that my strong work experience and education make me a competitive candidate for this position.

Alongside my academic career, I have been working as a Pharmacy Assistant through which I have had the opportunity to enhance my time management, task prioritization, and quick problem-solving skills while being constantly challenged out of my comfort zone. I have learned to be an efficient team worker and communicate with clarity to a diverse range of individuals. I also worked as a research assistant at the UBC Visual Performance & Oculomotor Mobility Lab which further encouraged me to think critically as well as enabled me to learn how to analyze statistical and graphical data.

I believe one of my greatest strengths is the ability to adapt according to the task or situation at hand. This skill allows me to display creativity, determination, and compassion while trying to accomplish my goals. I am an enthusiastic individual that can be relied upon to carry out the roles outlined, efficiently and professionally in a self-motivated manner. I would like to improve my ability to quickly put into words what I am thinking. I often dwell on my thoughts longer than time spent actually writing. 

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon and discussing how we can build a healthy and dynamic team this semester.

Sincerely, 

Pooja Patel

301 Pooja Patel Application Letter