Midterm 1

Midterm Exams:

Midterm exams will involve multiple choice and short answer questions.

Midterm 1 will cover Chapters 1, 2, half of chapter 8 (Emotion, pages 311-327) and 10.

Exam content will be taken from both textbook and lecture materials. Both midterms will be predominantly multiple choice format, with a few short answer or fill in the blank responses.

FAQs

“What if I miss a midterm?’

• If you are aware of scheduled UBC-sanctioned sport travel or a religious obligation that conflicts with the date of a midterm exam, you MUST contact your instructors up to two weeks before the exam so that alternate arrangements can be made.

“What if I get sick?’

• If you miss a midterm exam for a medical reason, you still need to contact your instructors before the exam. You must also provide medical documentation of the illness as soon as possible following the exam, and you will give it your best effort to schedule a makeup exam within one week of the original exam date (unless your medical documentation warrants a longer period).

“What if I don’t notify instructors before the midterm?’

• If you miss a midterm exam for any other reason (e.g., work commitments, sleeping in, forgetting there was an exam), you will receive a zero on the exam.

Absolutely no exceptions will be made to this course policy.