RE:My Journey to Help the Poor and Build a More Equitable World

People all have sympathy and we show this in different ways. Some donate money to the charity and other would like to build social enterprises, which can solve the problem in a sustainable way. In the blog, “ My Journey to Help the Poor and Build a More Equitable World,” Yunus wrote his own experience about building a social business. Once he saw the women treated equally by paying high interest rates with tiny loans in Jobra, a village in Bangladesh, he came up with idea to establish the bank called “Grameen” and offer the fair loans to the villagers.

Yunus emphasizes the idea of the essence of social business is “to create a business that is focused on solving human problems rather then making a personal profit”. To illustrate, Yunus most focus on helping the world, while the company also generate a modest profit for sure. I strongly with the idea that Yunus has. As a social enterprise, solving the social problem should be the main concern and making profit is needed as to improve the company’s product or service. If the social business most focus on making profit, the benefits that society get will reduce undeniably. Yunus offers the opportunity to the poor to mange their own financial affairs with the right conditions. Personally, the way Yunus did is better than the charity. Surely, the poor can get benefits from charity. However, while they are managing money be themselves and have the sense of they are borrowing money. This can enable them to have skills and eliminate the laziness that just waiting for money. Without doubt,  the social enterprise is a win-win solution that the society and business can get benefits at the same time. I do support what Yunus do to BUILD A MORE EQUITABLE WORLD through the sustainable way.

http://www.socialenterpriselive.com/your-blogs/item/my-journey-help-the-poor-and-build-more-equitable-world