E-mail Marketing: Another not so ethical promotion

How many of your e-mail remain unread? Is there any reason that makes you not read them? Let’s move on to the things that you sorted as junk. For my case, most of them consist of some strange advertisement with cliché title. There should be nothing uncommon here, as the majority of us have faced this. In my humble opinion, we have received way too much promotional e-mail to be annoyed.

My view on e-mail address

Nowadays, internet users appreciate ther e-mail addresses just like my real home addresses. It is one of the common way for people to connect with each other. They link their email it to all their electronic devices. Generally, people would not be happy if somebody knocks on their door to talk about new cosmetics. The same goes to this form of advertising. Personally, I feel that this method of promoting invades people’s privacy.

Not enough space?

My personal experience

Recently, I was somehow ‘selected’ to distribute the spam e-mail to all my contacts including my family, my friends and even my lecturers. For me, it was an awkward experience. I was promoting about a green coffee that helps people to lose weight. Instinctively, there is a certain spyware that has collected related information and data on search engines. People that received it actually thought that it was really sent by me because the ads sounded relevant to my experience. I am unsure of how the spam works, but they really know how to choose their victim. The day after I sent out my “recommendation”, a few people actually texted me asking more about the product. For most innocent spammers, including myself, I became more conscious of how people perceive me after the e-mail. Hence, e-mail marketing does affect the victims emotionally.

Unethical marketing

Other tactics

If all victims were to believe all the e-mails they received, most of us now have accomplished so many things. We have successfully become the 100,000th visitor in a page, become a millionaire, win a trip to Hawaii, and being hired to work at home with a high salary. Sadly when I was younger, they used to attract my attention.

Find out more about other tactics:

http://www.techjaws.com/unethical-marketing-tactics-and-scams/