The One Where I Lost My Phone

by raissac

I know I haven’t been updating my blog lately. I am actually four trips behind already (Torino, Nuremberg/Munich, Prague, and Brussels). I was actually motivated to update it already before I left for Brussels, but I didn’t have time as I had an early train ride last Sunday. Anyway, I just thought I had to update everyone that I lost my beloved iPhone while I was in Brussels just last weekend.

Yes,ย I LOST MY BLOODY IPHONE!!!!ย I felt so stupid and disappointed with myself because I think I could have avoided it if I kept my phone inside my bag, instead of leaving it for even just a minute to take photos with random Scottish men in skirts while it was exposed out of my bag. To be honest, I have no recollection where my phone got lost or stolen. I noticed that it wasn’t with me when I was in some souvenir shop and I tried to look for it inside my bag.

I quickly retraced my steps and asked a bunch of people if they’ve seen my phone, but none of them did, sadly. I kind of knew it was surely lost since I was in Europe and I don’t think people there are as nice and honest as Canadians…. especially when you are in a pub. What sucks even more is that I was a little buzzed when my phone MAY have been stolen. I was too carefree and I didn’t even think about my phone. I just assumed it was in my bag.

I know it’s quite common for people to lose or have their phones stolen in Europe, but I never thought I’d be one of those victims too. I thought I would be more careful and aware, but again, I manage to screw up big time. I am still pretty bummed about it since my phone has everything. I’m thankful that a lot of my stuff have been synced to my iPad and macbook. I may have mainlyย lost most of my photos and messages.ย ๐Ÿ™ Sigh… and I can’t even use Instagram anymore. ๐Ÿ™ I don’t even feel deserving of a new phone. Ugh. ๐Ÿ™ I’m so sad. ๐Ÿ™ When bad things like these happen to me, they just make me long for home even more. ๐Ÿ™

Nonetheless,ย a BIG FAT THANK YOUย to those who helped me look for my phone (Diana), tried to reach my phone, ย and helped me reset some of my accounts to make them more secure. You know who you are. Much appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚