The One Where I Am About to Have A Heat Stroke

by raissac

I am currently in Manila… arrived here 11:00am-ish. Feels great to be back home, but I swear… it is too hot here. I think I need to shower at least twice a day. It’s too humid.. I am a sticky and sweaty mess. -_- Earlier today, I was feeling dizzy just because of the heat.. I wanted to faint already.

Despite the “unbearable” weather in Manila, I had a very busy day. I had a lunch date with my little bro at Sunrise Buckets. Surprisingly, their chicken wings were actually pretty good. I was surprised they even had poutine on their menu. I wonder how poutine in the Philippines tastes like…

We went to Eastwood after to buy some school supplies for myself and look around a few shops. Then, we went home to prepare for the ADMU vs. FEU game! It’s been at least two years since the last game I watched live and I was glad I was able to watch this one, especially it being Nico Salva’s last year playing in the UAAP. It was a great game as well as Ateneo was able to catch up and win the game in the end. I miss cheering like a crazy fan girl for my favourite UAAP team, but hey, I am more refined now than I was before.

After that exciting game, I went to Fort Bonifacio/Bonifacio High Street to have a “reunion” with my barkada and some of us brought our own dates. 😉 Just kidding! It was great seeing them. It feels like nothing has changed between us and conversation just flows smoothly and naturally whenever we are together. We ate at Cue Modern Barbeque and to be honest, I think I have spoiled myself with the excellent food quality in Vancouver. At this point, I don’t know how I was still awake and successfully fighting off my jetlag. Well, sort of. I fell asleep in the car two times. We went to my house after to chill and have some banoffee pie. Extremely satisfying…as always. But I think I have had enough for one trip.

And now, it is past 2am and I think I have passed my “sleepy state” already. Good luck on trying to make me sleep now and waking up “early” tomorrow.