The One Where I Walked AT LEAST 7 Hours In One Day

by raissac

Seriously, I was standing up and walking for at least 7 hours for this day (22nd of August). No exaggeration at all. We arrived at Versailles a little past 10am and we left a little past 5pm. Holy frick, the Versailles Palace is bloody huge… and so was the line up. -_- But despite my sore back and legs, I am very happy that I was able to see Château de Versailles. Finally, something off my bucket list! I can’t even begin to describe its spectacular opulence, its intricate and detailed architecture, and its vastness. It’s definitely a must see when you’re in Paris! I gotta say, I have never walked so much in my entire life. Also, I have never gasped in amazement so many times. I was just admiring the palace’s beauty and how I wished I was King Louis XIV’s wife or something. I may have my own “summer estate” too if I were living in that era. I am still speechless and find it a tad bit difficult to describe the palace. My writing skills can do no justice. Maybe I’ll leave that to the gazillion photos I took. After all, pictures are worth a thousand words. Yes?

(Click to enlarge) From L to R: Entrance to Château de Versailles, Hall of Mirrors, and one part of the palace

Also, Château de Versailles was rich in history. Stories from King Louis XVI-XVIII, Napoleon Bonaparte, and other important figures in French history. The gardens behind the palace are……………………… Again, just wow… Seriously. WOW. They are gorgeous. Hands down to King Louis XIV! The palace also had summer houses for these important figures called Grand Trianon, which is almost a 20-minute walk from the palace at least. Marie-Antoinette even had her own summer estates. Sadly, that was the only place we weren’t able to go to because it was another 10 minute walk from where we started. But based on the video they were showing earlier inside the palace, her estates looked beautiful as well (surprise, surprise -_-). Okay, I will seriously let the pictures do the talking now.

Latone Fountain and Parterre & Swiss Lake

After our long day at Versailles, we walked around Champs-Élysées up to Arc de Triomphe, which looked more beautiful at night because of the lights.

Arc de Triomphe

Cheers,

-R