The Top 4 Influencers of Social Media in 2018

The main surge of influence originates from the vast world of social media which is governed by scelebrities  These range from people who excel in mediums of comedy, beauty and fashion, entrepreneurship, technology, and travel. People who have created a charismatic online persona, garnering a dedicated following for themselves and their brand. The internet has enabled these people to create an entire enterprise that allows them to reach and impact people globally.

Their influence is so far reaching, it can dictate market trends, introduce phrases into a language, and change social norms. The power of social media is higher now than ever before — that, too, with good cause. People who may have needed to crawl their way to a platform to reach people before are now able to socialise and engage with a global audience through the world that exists within their devices. Social media has empowered individuals, helping them spread their ideas through the fast-moving channels of social media. Ideas and thoughts move faster than ever before.

With the growing pace of the internet also grew people’s access to it. When people of all ages and interest have access to the internet all over the world, there is a surge of globalisation which allows for the influence of ideas to be felt and be impactful. Being part of the social media circle allows you to be influential, let us take a look at the five most influential people on social media in the year 2018.

1. Muhammad Saad Arslan Sadiq

Hailing from the land of Pakistan, Muhammad Saad Arslan Sadiq is a leading IT visionary, propelling the country into an age where it can keep up with the technological advancements of the world around them. He was a pioneer in finding a progressive IT firm in Pakistan by the name of Global Hosting Services, making him a successful entrepreneur. His company offers domains in the US, Canada, Europe, UK, Turkey, Hong Kong, Pakistan, and India. The services his company provides are versatile and wide ranging. His company is currently the top seller of the .pk domain, giving them the monopoly and prestige of the market.

However, what makes Muhammad Saad Arslan Sadiq influential is the following he has generated as a blogger and social media activist. His followings range across platforms. He serves as the head of the largest IT group for Pakistan with over a hundred thousand members, as well as the largest group of bloggers, known as the Bloggers of Pakistan, with a membership of over forty-eight thousand.

He also serves as the social media head for State Youth Parliament of Pakistan and as the Social Media Advisor for Positive Pakistan and Youth Association of Pakistan. He is the vice president of the Pakistan Youth Assembly and a member of the National Youth Assembly. He was also a pioneer founder of the Kashmir Youth Alliance which serves as a coalition of around a hundred organizations. That is not all. His influence extends over the entire worldwide web due to his overwhelming number of followers. He has amassed a following of 1 million on Twitter, and a base of 1.1 million followers on Facebook, earning himself a blue badge of verification on Facebook.

His Twitter account has been declared the 35th most followed account, with his following featuring notable celebrities and politicians. He is also mentioned regularly by print and online media, leading to an increase in the influence he holds.

In an interview with Huff Post, he talks about his influence on social media, saying, “Social media is host to many opportunities, did you know? Leveraging on it to engage with and drive the audience to your end is a 21st-century necessity. From inception, I didn’t take social media with levity. My concern is to engage people and fight the voiceless and the oppressed. While doing, I did not know I will go this far. I speak my mind and enlighten people continuously. In a short time, doing what I know best, I begin to win accolades. My Twitter profile rose to around 800k + followers, and Facebook became so engaging in a short time with thousands of followers trooping in, and international verified followers begin to follow me. I cannot believe when I was rated the 45th most followed Pakistani Account. News platforms, like Tribune among other channels, begin to mention my tweets. Then, I became a Social media influencer.”

1. Lilly Singh

Hailing from close by within South Asia, Lilly Singh belongs to an Indian heritage that bloomed in Toronto, Canada. She started out her career as a YouTuber in her final year of her degree in psychology, quickly gaining fame and a following due to her quirky videos that feature drama, comedy, dance, and music. With 13.2 million subscribers on YouTube, Lilly Singh has influenced many youngsters to believe in anthems of empowerment that Lilly Singh promotes including #GirlLove. She encourages confidence and being true to yourself. To this end, she also published a modern self-help guide by the name of How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life, which found its spot on the best-selling list. She has been ranked by Forbes as one of the most influential people on social media, even though her starting was humble with 70 views, as Singh recounts, “That meant one or two people who didn’t know me. I watched other creators. I started writing scripts. I was really just making it up as I went along.”

Singh has reached mainstream media portals through collaborations with celebrities on top of the list such as Nick Jonas, Dwayne Johnson, and Karlie Kloss. She has used her content to raise awareness and bring laughter all around.

1. Huda Kattan

Huda Kattan rose to fame due to her role in creating a fortunate set of fake eyelashes that helped propel her into her future of success. Soon after, her fake eyelashes were sported by none other than Kim Kardashian, bringing Huda to the front line of beauty blogging. Quickly, she became the number one beauty blog in the middle east and found herself a spot in the world’s top twenty beauty blogs. Huda became a well-known name in the world of beauty as a blog and a brand, with sales soaring for her cosmetics, and followers multiplying for her social media channels. Currently her massive following is accounted at 2.2 million YouTube subscribers and 24.3 million Instagram followers.

1. Linus Sebastian

Linus Sebastian has created an avid following for himself in the world to technology and business. He has amassed followers for his YouTube channels that post reviews on the newest and top-of-the-line technological products, as well as posting guides to manoeuvring around computer hardware and how to build your own CPUs. His journey started when his employer at the computer store noticed a competitor making video reviews of products, and set Linus up to do the same. Ever since that fortunate incident, he has been making guides and posting them on his three technology-oriented channels by the names of Linus Tech Tips, Techquickie and Channel Super Fun. In doing so, he was able to create a fanbase of over seven million. He was ranked as the 8th most watched Science and Technology channel on YouTube, becoming 4th in the list of power players in technology, as declared by Inc. magazine in 2015.

Standard