Post-Secondary Ramblings

Where do you choose to sit in the exam room?

with 4 comments

As I was standing in the corridor today waiting to enter SRC to write my first final, many thoughts went through my head, but the one that I was thinking about the most was not the actual exam, but rather…

It’s a tough decision okay? Usually I like to sit in the back I find it pretty intimidating to sit in the front, but lately I’ve found it comforting to sit in the front. There’s less distractions since there’s no one else that’s in front of you so I find myself more focused on completing the exam. And in the even that I don’t remember to bring a watch, there’s usually a clock at the front where I can keep track of the time and pace myself through the exam.

Today I found another reason to sit in the front. I can keep my eyes on my bag. There is a disturbing prevalence of theft that happens during exam time, and I didn’t want to take that risk today. It also made it easier for me to leave the exam room once I was done.

So now I turn it to you. Do you have a preference as to where you sit in the exam room? If so, is there a particular reason?

Written by Renee

December 8th, 2011 at 12:29 am

Posted in Academics

4 Responses to 'Where do you choose to sit in the exam room?'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Where do you choose to sit in the exam room?'.

1. Hahaha, nice pic.

I sit in the front for the same reasons. Also, while you see people hand in their exams and leave, it’s not the same as seeing the entire room empty up before you as you’re still working hard at a question. The only downside is the occasional exam invigilator standing right by your desk or being too close. It can be annoying.

Miriam

8 Dec 11 at 10:02 am

2. Front row centre, same reasons as yours, and also so that I can ask questions to clarify any ambiguities.

Eastwood

8 Dec 11 at 6:54 pm

3. Front row for the same reasons mentioned: fewer distractions and noticing how others do, easier to get invigilator’s attention if necessary, and shorter trip to the washroom if needed. :P

Lillienne

9 Dec 11 at 11:30 am

4. Ahh, yes. Having the invigilator right in front of you for me, is extra stress I don’t need during exams. I did one time had one that stood at the back instead :/

Renee

9 Dec 11 at 12:54 pm