Best VPN for Canada 2019 – Top Canadian VPN Reviews – May 2019

A full review from a students perspective, on the Best VPN for Canadians in 2019. Last updated: May 10th 2019.

There’s never been a more critical time to have a stable, dependable, and effective VPN. When it comes to finding the best virtual private network, I have been doing a lot of research. If you are in Canada and looking for the best way to encrypt your internet traffic and protect your online identity, look no further. In this article, I have put together what I am confident are the five best VPN options in the entire country. Whether you are a company or an individual, or (like me) a student, privacy continues to be vital, and essential to our online freedom. If you do not want your IP address to be exposed or your personal information to be vulnerable to exploitation, here are the best service providers I could find:

1. NordVPN

NordVPN has earned an international reputation for protecting your privacy, with access to thousands of servers all over the world. NordVPN’s novel approach is in many ways defined by their no logs policy and ability to connect to up to six devices at the same time. These are the sort of extra features which make them an absolute industry leader. Their plans are wildly affordable and represent absolutely incredible value, as their website is often offering tremendous savings and exceptional deals, with all sorts of convenient billing options to suit your needs. Their highly refined security measures are advanced and impressive, and their purposes of providing freedom and privacy are impeccably delivered on. What else is there to say that NordVPN is quite possibly the best of the best? And, for your information, they offer a generous 30-day money-back guarantee. Fast, easy, smooth, reliable, secure.  Whether you are a casual online gamer, a frequent Netflix watcher, a home-based worker whose whole life is online, a student, or use the web for any other range of activities, the options on this list can all optimize your experience for an affordable rate– and, really, what else can you ask for? NordVPN provides all of this and more. Go ahead– sign up and get NordVPN to improve your online experience now! When I look at all the options as far as VPNs, NordVPN is the winner… though a few other options are definitely making it a close race.

Sign up to NordVPN now

1. ExpressVPN

ExpressVPN prides themselves as not only being the “#1 Trusted leader in VPN” but in earning this consideration. ExpressVPN functions at a high-level and delivers on some pretty ambitious promises in regards to speed, consistency, privacy, and anonymity. They want your experience with the internet to be as secure as possible, protecting the invasion, interference, and censorship that can often arise. ExpressVPN hide your IP and location, allowing you to choose a VPN server in any of an extensive range of almost 100 nations around the world. They also use 256-bit encryption to encrypt your communications. It is pleasing to know that, even when on relatively unsecured public networks, my data is nonetheless prevented from being intercepted– I am just happy to tune into my favorite online shows on a high-speed network with limited bandwidth. In the end, ExpressVPN just makes it clear that they can be trusted– no only in the quality of their service, but also within their practices at large. They promise that to use ExpressVPN correctly requires no tech skills, too. Fantastic if you have multiple devices, some claim that ExpressVPN is the best in all of Canada. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.  If you are looking to fortify your online privacy and keep your experience free from any sort of invasion, this is an excellent option. ExpressVPN, in my opinion, is a contender for the top spot!

1. Hotspot Shield

Hotspot Shield is quite good, particularly if you are looking to stream or torrent. Excellent for gaming and browsing as well. They give you all the basics, with well over 2000 servers in 25+ locations– not quite as comprehensive as others, but good for Canadians who just want to watch Netflix, play games, stream their favorite shows, and maybe even do some torrenting. Their money-back guarantee is extra generous, as they offer 45 days. Definitely a pretty good choice, but I would say that this marks the spot where a pretty significant drop occurs. ExpressVPN and NordVPN are the top of the class, but Hotspot Shield is not all too far behind!

1. Surfshark

Surfshark is pretty great. They’re not quite in the top tier, but they are not too far away, either. They give you all the basics: unlimited streaming access, well over 500 servers in about 50 different nations, and they offer a standard 30-day money-back guarantee. As I said, I don’t think Surfshark quite compares with some of the others on this list, but if you prefer them, your choice is still better than the vast majority of VPN options.

1. PrivateVPN

PrivateVPN covers all of its bases, and quite well, too. I know some who swear by it, but I think that these people are making a choice that is markedly not quite as good as NordVPN and ExpressVPN, for example. Still, if all you are looking for is access to Netflix, a safe 30-day money-back guarantee, and you are covers by the more than 80 servers which can be accessed from over 50 different locations. There are definitely better options than PrivateVPN, in my opinion, but it still made my top five!

Conclusion – RL;DR, What’s the top VPN for Canadians?

At the end of the day, all that most of us are looking for from a VPN is having their online identity protected– these options will all keep the forces that be from invading your privacy and provide the sort of safety that we are all looking for. I have done quite a bit of research on this, and am confident in the options laid out on this list, as well as the order I have put them in. However, if you disagree with my perspective– whether you are a student like me or otherwise, feel free to let me know!