Female CEOs: The Journey

In the article, Research: How Female CEOs Actually Get to the Top, it describes the lengthy journey that many female CEOs have had to endure to find success. When compared to their male counterparts, female CEOs have to work 30 years to get to the same position achieved by a man in 15 years. As we all know, this is not because a woman is any less capable of completing these tasks. It is because to this day, there is still gender inequality in the workplace. Though the perseverance of these women is displayed through their hard work, commitment and dedication throughout the years, it is disheartening to know that I might have to work twice as hard for a job because of my sex. The article states that men and women have the same level of confidence, it is just that woman lose their self assurance quicker then men. This is completely understandable as women are fighting for the same jobs as the same men who will be picked for their “individualistic” qualities. It is as though women have to endure more and have more experience in the field, in order to prove themselves capable, which to me only makes the woman more qualifies for the position.

diverse-women-shaking-hands-shutterstock_58300276-800x533

Source: http://www.oncallinternational.com/blog/business-travel-for-women-6-tips-for-playing-it-safe-on-the-road/