Keep It Strong, Dell

When someone says the brand Dell, the first thing that pops into my head would most likely be a picture of a Dell laptop. To me, Dell is known for its durable and powerful hardware they sell in retail stores. However, things are changing within the company. Dell is beginning to provide software and technical services to large corporate enterprises in order to tap into the $800 billion dollar market. It seems as if Dell’s tactics is to follow in the footsteps of IBM.

To me, this sounds like a great idea of what Dell is doing. Not only will it open new markets for Dell to grow in, but it might also save its declining PC business. Now a lot of skeptics having been criticizing that Dell isn’t capable of joining such markets.

Are they capable of entering into the new market?

However, I believe with Dell’s strong operational strategy and its long experience within the technology market, it can successfully flow into the market with no obstacles in its way. Simply put, technology services providers better start watching out for Dell!

Work Cited

Bort, Julie. “Michael Dell: We Do $8 Billion A Year Selling Services To Big Businesses.”Business Insider. Business Insider, 13 Nov. 2012.    Web. 13 Nov. 2012. <http://www.businessinsider.com/dell-our-enterprise-biz-is-8-billion-2012-11>.