About us

Timothy Wong

My name is Timothy Wong and I am currently a third year student in the Nutritional Sciences Major. Aside from my current studies, I have interests in food, traveling and hiking. This past year, I studied at the University of Hong Kong as an exchange student whilst visiting Japan and Korea, gaining new experiences and insight. Besides viewing food from a nutritional and biochemical standpoint, I find it intriguing to look at food from a food systems perspective, which LFS 250 has enabled me to do. With my previous experiences and knowledge, I hope to fulfill my role as a community member through tackling issues present in the community food system.

Michael Chang

My name is Michael and I am currently a 3rd year student in the Food Nutrition and Health major. During my free time I like to tinker with mechanical and electronic objects.

Everyone should have the right to food, no matter where you are in the world. Richmond, being a relatively new and fast growing city, should have structured ways of delivering food to those who need them.

This project peaked my interest from its simple idea of feeding everyone through the use of communication, distribution and teaching. I hope to learn these very skills and apply it back to the community. Talking to and teaching the community partners about the project and resources available to them, so that food can reach everyone in the city.

Emily Yuen

My name is Emily. I am currently a 3rd year student majoring in Food Nutrition and Health with hopes of getting into the Dietetics major. My interests include hiking and playing Ultimate Frisbee. In the future, I hope to help different families know what to eat in order to achieve adequate nutritional status as well as how and where they can access these food products.Through this project, I wish to be more aware of the different locations where different families in Richmond will be able to access food and learn food skills to help them reach adequate nutritional level.

Selena Chua

My name is Selena and I am a third year FNH student. As a student in LFS, I have not been actively participating in my faculty in my first two years of being here. Through this course, I hope to be more active in LFS and make more friends in the faculty. Being an efficient communicator, I hope to be able to use this to my group’s advantage in approaching food assets in this project.

Licca Zhu

My name is Licca and I am currently a 3rd year student in the Food & Nutritional Sciences Double Major who likes to travel and spend time with close friends. I find it interesting that the physical, biological, and chemical makeup of food can be extremely diverse and that there are a variety of ways to work with food. I realize that not everyone in a community has the opportunity to work with food possibly because they are unaware of places providing food resources and because of that, I hope to positively contribute to the Richmond community through collaboration with Vancouver Coastal Health!