Biography

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog, my name is Rida, and I am currently in my 3rd year of the Dental Hygiene Degree completion program at UBC. I have been working as a Dental Hygienist for just over six years now and am loving my career so far! I am passionate about the field of dentistry and aspire to transfer into my second passion and career choice of teaching dental hygiene in the future. The first step into making this dream come true is to have a professional degree in the field of dental hygiene – therefore, I intend to finish this degree program within the next two years in order to be one step closer to my goal.

In the field of dental hygiene, I have always prioritized continuing education and expanding my scope of practice. In doing so, I have managed to be certified in administration of local anesthesia as well as performing laser therapy within the scope of practice for a dental hygienist.

Providing patients with oral health education is a crucial part of being a dental hygienist. However, besides my daily clinical life, and the opportunities provided to me during my dental hygiene diploma program to teach good oral health habits to younger kids or oral health conditions to adults, I have little to no other teaching experience. By taking this course, and other teaching courses that I am currently enrolled in, I hope to open up more opportunities for myself to grow as a dental hygienist and to add on the role of teaching to my career.