Rikh's Blog

RE: Muslim Woman Sues Southwest Airline

November 18th, 2011 · No Comments

I refer to Dilraj’s blog post dated on October 10th, 2011. I agree with his views to a certain extent. Southwest airlines is in a industry which is very saturated with the abundance of many substitutes. Price is no longer a factor in air travel with many airlines offering competitive fares. I do understand that the airline has to follow certain regulations. However, by misinterpreting or misunderstanding the situation as mentioned in the article, would cause the public to view the airline to be discriminatory and racist. This might cause a PR nightmare as well as very bad publicity for the airline. Their sales might plunge due to the abundance of substitutes. The airline cannot afford that as rising costs such as jet fuel might cause the company to go in the red and eventually join the list of ‘now defunct airlines’ .  Therefore in conclusion, as reiterated by Dilraj, Southwest airlines should now focus on improving their image by improving their customer skills. They should also retrain their cabin and ground crew to improve their discernation skills to avoiding a similar situation again without compromising the safety of the flight.

Link: (https://blogs.ubc.ca/dilrajrahal/2011/10/10/muslim-woman-sues-southwest-airline/)

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.