Rikh's Blog

A Blog to note

November 24th, 2011 · No Comments

I have recently come across a blog called ‘The Boss Ladies’ created by business and leading entrepreneurial women in and around Vancouver. A human resource related article, called “Creating a Workplace Play Policy” caught my attention. The article talks about how incorporating  some time for creativity in the working week might lead to an increase in productivity. It also discusses the trade -offs between sacrificing billable hours for innovation. The article also brings in factors such as employees do not necessarily work for money because they value job satisfaction above salary.

I personally feel this is an interesting blog and article because it gives insights from the bosses themselves on how to run the company. I agree with the article is stating that the bosses need to strike a balance between carrying out the tasks of  their job scope as well as giving them some time to be creative be innovative. Too much of either could result in a drop in productivity. The post also compares its human resource management to Google which is widely known to be ‘one of the best places to work at’. Therefore this blog not only gives us an insider scoop to human resource management but also capital investment and effective marketing strategies.

Google's 20 per cent time allows employees to play with ideas outside of their formal job description.

Link: (http://www.bcbusinessonline.ca/bcb/bc-blogs/boss-ladies/2011/05/06/creating-workplace-play-policy)

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.