Task 5: Twine Story

Building on my last post, I created a twine story where the user gets to be a cat, either “Sam” or “Ben”. This choice is arbitrary in this version, but I could imagine creating a whole separate storyline for the different characters if I had more time. It took awhile to get used to Twine as I have never used it before, but once I got started I found it to be a very intuitive platform. After spending a few hours thrashing to figure out the basics, I put together the story. I spent some time storyboarding out the different options and events I wanted to include in the story and then wrote the actual content directly in the Twine passages. I found myself relying on a more informal storytelling choice of words and sentence structure than I typically use in writing, and found that the format of a text based game feels very conversational. I can see Twine being useful for teaching/learning since it can be made very interesting and engaging. Using more variables and multimedia, it would be fun to create a more complex learning game eventually using this platform.

1 thought on “Task 5: Twine Story

1. OlgaKanapelka

Looove the game, Ryan! So entertaining and made me smile all the way! The only thing that could make it better for me would be some purring and meowing sound effects :).