About Me

Robin McHugh is a freelance instructor and instructional designer with over 15 years of professional experience working with various government and private sector employees in industries including insurance and finance, construction, manufacturing, culture and arts, private and post-secondary education, and social services.

Currently Robin resides in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with her 10 lb Shih Tzu Poodle. For the past 20ish years she’s been educating adults. Robin has lived overseas teaching English as a Second Language in Tainan, Taiwan and has worked in the private and public sectors as a corporate trainer, instructional designer, and learning analyst. Currently, I work for NorQuest College teaching business students for the Faculty of Business, Environment, and Technology. She also on contract at NAIT and MacEwan University.

Picture of Robin

Some fun facts about Robin…

I love teaching and sharing my experiences with students and colleagues, as well as, travelling and learning about cultures! I have a travel bucket list and working with students at NorQuest from around the globe keeps this bucket list growing. I also am involved in the arts community in Edmonton. I’m not an artist but I work with a local non-profit organization, Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (I’m not Ukrainian). I write grants, manage their retail operations/schedule staff, coordinate their educational art programs, and manage special projects and programs.

I’m also enrolled in the MET program at UBC. I started taking courses in January 2020. I’m nervous and excited to back in school; but so far I’ve had really great experiences in this program and would highly recommend it to anyone teaching in technology!