Technical Writing Team Application

ENGL301 Students
UBC English Language & Literatures
BuTo 397-1873 East Mall
Vancouver, BC
Canada V6T 1Z1

Re: Technical Writing Team Application

Dear ENGL301 Classmates,

Please accept this letter to express my interest in joining your Technical Writing Team. I hope to join a team of peers of diverse backgrounds with whom I can collaborate and learn throughout this term.

I have over eight years of experience working professionally in the field of political advocacy as a campaigner with organizations like Leadnow, the BC Government and Services Employees Union, and OpenMedia. My main role in these organizations was to support grassroots political lobbying campaigns through the use of digital communications like email, SMS and social media.

Through this work I became proficient at writing political action appeals and fundraisers to email lists of up to 500,000 people, online blogs, op-eds in publications like the Vancouver Sun and Toronto Star, and posts for social media pages of up to 90,000 followers.

Aside from writing and political strategy, I also have a personal and professional interest in web development. It is the reason why I decided to come back to UBC to complete the Bachelor in Computer Science (BCS) second degree program. My hope is to combine my BA in Political Science, my professional political communications background, and my new degree in computer science to build software for non-profits and political parties.

I hope you will consider my application to join your team. I am excited to learn and collaborate with people with different backgrounds who can help enrich my own writing experience. I also believe that my professional and educational experience can add great value to your team.

Feel free to reach out to me at your convenience over email at rsamayoa@alumni.ubc.ca. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
J. Rodrigo Samayoa
BA Political Science
rsamayoa@alumni.ubc.ca

Eng301 Rodrigo Samayoa Application Letter