Meet Our Executive

Hello! My name is Alex and I am a third-year Economics and International Relations student from Calgary, AB. I got involved with RTP UBC because I love both sports and development, which RTP puts together–not to mention the belief I have in the power of sport for development.

Interesting Fact: I’m spending the next half year travelling throughout Africa!

My name is Jason and I am a 4th year Kinesiology co-op student. I was born in Edmonton and raised in Vancouver. What started as a innocent job search on Google turned into a deep desire to change the world (or at least make a small dent). Like many people who have a intrinsic connection with Right To Play, the organization’s mission to help kids through sport really rang true for me. Last summer I had a unique opportunity to travel to Kigali, Rwanda to see first hand the work Right To Play does. Needless to say they are definitely making positive impacts on the lives of children there. In terms of our club, the opportunity to meet remarkably talented and passionate individuals has been a reward in itself.

Interesting Fact: I love to read and one of the things I want to do before I die is high-five a humpback whale. 

Hi! My name is Liv and I’m a second year Masters student in Kinesiology studying Sport for Development and Peace, sport and politics, and sport and media. I was born and spent my childhood in Korea but have also lived in Chicago, New Brunswick, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and am currently loving Vancouver! The combination of my passion for sport, interest in development work (doing it right, in a non-neocolonial way), and love for children brought me to Right To Play UBC. I also enjoy a good downpour, camping, hiking, reading, and painting.

Interesting Fact: I have a not-so-secret obsession with big Samoyed dogs and penguins.

My name is Derek and I am a 3rd year International Relations student from Park City, Utah. I got involved in RTP because I love playing sports and working with kids. RTP UBC gives me the opportunity to do both of these activities and to help promote them around the world through our fundraising activities.I participate in many sports including baseball, flag football, golf and skiing and I am also a huge fan of the MLB, NFL and NHL.

Interesting Fact: I have dual citizenship with the US and Canada, but never lived in Canada until I came to UBC.

Hi! My name is Laura. I am a second year Kinesiology student from Port Moody, BC–but all of myfamily is from good ol’ Newfoundland. I absolutely love Vancouver and UBC for its beautiful landscape and endless opportunities. I was a competitive gymnast for 12 years and now I’m an avid downhill mountain biker and skier. I strongly believe that sport and play are a chance for everyone to learn and grow in a domain that knows no boundaries. I love working with kids and I’m passionate about what Right To Play stands for. Everyone deserves the right to play and be a kid!

Interesting Fact: My ultimate goal is to try and meet someone new everyday.

2 thoughts on “Meet Our Executive

1. Samuel Antwi Nkansah

my name is samuel,an allumina of accra technical university,Ghana where iobtained (HND purchasing and supply) and bachelor degree in sociology and relgions in the university of Ghana.
    was bon in the city of Tema i the country Ghana,i have work as inventory controler,stores keeper,warehouse superviser,warehouse manager in both fast moving goods industry,manufacturing,construction.i would like to used my experience to contribute to the core values and mission of right to play across the world.

interesting fact ; i lke reading,reseach,and management of goods and servise as well as project management in remote and underdeveloped community.

2. Samuel Antwi Nkansah

i was afootballer ,long tennise player and sprinter in my school days