It is now faster,

lighter,

thinner,

better,

and it comes in white.

If you’re thinking of the new iPad 2, you’re absolutely right.

Just yesterday, Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, introduced Apple’s latest product – an improved version of the iPad. Even though the new gadget has yet to make its entrance into the market, people are already planning to buy them once they hit the stores. YouTube Preview Image

The anticipation of this new iPad 2 felt familiar — last year, before iPhone 4 was on sales, the public were already crazy over it! Has history repeated itself? Is the iPad 2 about to follow the trails of iPhone 4 and have huge line-ups in front of stores on its launching day?

One thing Apple never fail to do is to get people talking about their products. Before class today, I was having a casual conversation with a friend. Guess what? Apart from the American Idol show last night, our conversation mainly revolved around the iPad 2! Surprisingly, the conversation gave us a little bit of insight into Apple’s marketing tactic.

Remember when the first iPod was so big and bulky? Over the years, Apple has successfully came up with new ‘innovations’ to make the iPod faster, lighter, thinner and definitely better. Just compare the first iPod to the latest one — the new iPod touch :

Can u spot the similarities between the evolution of the iPod the iPad? As Apple creates better versions of their products, they get thinner everytime. The Macbook Air is just another example.

I wondered, is this Apple’s marketing strategy?

They start with a less-developed product initially, and then offer better improved versions of it subsequently to attract customers. I feel that it causes consumers to hunger for more and more improvements..

Apple is one of the smartest company ever existed. They have strong marketing strategies that have brought them to where they are today.

As for the new iPad 2, they have decided not to increase the price, so it’s still the same as the first iPad. What an offer! They’re offering us better features with just the same price!

WIth regards to their pricing strategy, I’m guessing that they plan to target the slow adapters, who wait until there is a better deal offered to them before making a move.

Well, it’s here now. The better deal is waiting for you, which one would you choose – the black or the white?

I’d go for the white.