Linking 4

Janice Roper

https://blogs.ubc.ca/janicer/2020/07/03/task-8-my-curated-golden-list/

When I hear Beethoven’s 5th, I feel like it may scare the heck out of the people that find it. It is powerful and strong. Not a bad way to keep aliens from coming to eat us! Janice placed this power ballad at the top of her list.  The other two choices that I really agree with on your list are, Morning Star & Devil Bird – Australia and Tchakrulo – choir – Georgia. The Australian piece made me want to dance and it went well beyond just being a way to showcase the fabulous didgeridoo. The Georgian choir made me feel like we were sending a message out that we are more than just individuals. When voices come together like this, I think that they gain confidence in themselves to belt it out. Like linking arm and arm with a line of protesters, a choir is a unit whose strength is the common goals and desires they share. I can’t move a mountain on my own, but I feel like anything is possible when we sing together.

. Janice’s Curated List

Janice’s choice of Chuck Berry was one that didn’t make my list and I wondered why I left it off. This song has made me jump and swing across the dance floor my whole life. In the moment we were in while choosing these songs, I was reflecting on the ongoing crisis of race that had become enflamed with the death of   George Floyd. Blind Willy Johnson died a broken man and this struck me as my opportunity to reach out and offer my hand to a man who ought to have been treated better.

I think Janice did a great job curating her list although we did not have a lot of overlap, her choices made sense to me.

This was an easy to find site compared to some of my other classmates. Great job Janice!

Linking 3 <——————–> Linking 5