Linking 1

LINKING ASSIGNMENT EMOJI STORIES

Connection to  Rebecca Hydamacka‘s Emoji story

I enjoyed working my way through Rebecca’s emoji story although we did not do similar stories.  Rebecca states that she loved her story and it seemed relatively easy to create as most of the emojis she needed were available. She seemed to genuinely enjoy this activity. Kress’ belief that we are moving into an era where images will transcend the written word made this task seem more a peak into the future rather than just a fun task.(Kress, 2005) 

By putting  Little Fires Everywhere I knew immediately what the book was. 

The book starts and ends with this image of a house on fire. 

It is always exciting to see a simple image and be able to translate it into something larger like the plat of a book or movie.

Rebecca did a great job conveying her ideas clearly through a simple set of images.

One similarity that our tasks shared was that we used emoji as thoughts instead of complete sentences or ideas. I created small moments from Scott Pilgrim that repeated throughout the plot so the emoji’s could stay the same.  Rebecca created flashbacks in her  plot because this is how the plot of the book is laid out.

A final similarity was the device: Rebecca used an online keyboard for MacBook in the form of a screenshot.  This is exactly what I did to create my final product.

I enjoyed the simple design Rebecca chose to create her blog. Booklite, is easy to navigate and her structure of links at the top of the page made it easy to navigate. Great job Rebecca!

Kress (2005), Gains and losses: New forms of texts, knowledge, and learningLinks to an external site.Computers and Composition, Vol. 2(1), 5-22.

Linking 2