Task 1: What is in your bag?

My picture can clearly show that quarantine has modified my life. I haven’t used my purse for more than two years because I don’t have to. I visit the local grocery stores occasionally, buy as much as possible in one go, and return home. This constitutes most of my present-day off-line mobility.

Instead, my pockets substitute my bag quite successfully. I keep there the key to the apartment, the old cellphone just in case, some cash, a napkin, and a mask. Three heavy-duty bags to carry food are nearby too – one for the shoulder and for each arm.

So, my life is pretty simple like that. If I have to go somewhere, for example, to visit a sick friend and treat her to some home-made food, then other pockets will be filled with pretty much the same stuff plus what I cooked for her in a heavy-duty bag.

I feel quite comfortable within my four walls, and the neighbourhood is nice too. I have a wonderful view on the main street in Toronto, from south to north, and it is especially beautiful during holidays. I have a big balcony for walking.

As for the texts visible on the bags in my picture, well, I hope that they will tell those who look at them that (1) I am an immigrant, (2) I saw some sights in Toronto, (3) I have some sense of humour.