Email Messages to Perspective Writing Team

This is a compilation of three email messages I wrote to potential writing team members followed by a link to view in a webpage or download my application letter to their team.

Potential Member One

Subject: Group Formation

—————————————————————-

steeple@student.ubc.ca              May 29, 2022 6:34PM

To: kristy@student.ubc.ca

—————————————————————-

Dear Kristy:

After reading your biography on the webpage you created for 301 Technical Writing, I feel that our backgrounds align and would like to invite you to join my professional writing team to learn from each other throughout our shared technical writing course.

Please let me know if you also agree that our similar backgrounds could help us understand each other and we can push our professional writing by learning from each other.

Thank you,

Samantha Teeple

Samantha Teeple, RDH

Aspiring professional writer

Email: steeple@ubc.student.uc.ca

Continue reading Email Messages to Perspective Writing Team

Email Memorandum for Instructor

This is an example of an email memo note the differences between a memo and a message click the link below to see an example of a email message for comparison.

https://blogs.ubc.ca/samanthateepletechnicalwriting/wp-admin/post.php?post=98&action=edit

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Paterson <erika.paterson@ubc.ca>

From: Samantha Teeple <steeple@student.ubc.ca>

Date: May 29,2022

Subject: Posted Letter of Application

As indicated on your blog, you wished to view my letter of application for the professional technical writing team position advertised by the 301 Technical Writing class. My application letter highlights the variety of my writing experiences that would be a unique asset to the writing team.

The following educational and volunteer experiences from working in the profession of dental hygiene for a decade and my involvement with the Rotaract club displays my writing capacity:

• Completing chart note
  • Memos to dentists and colleagues
  • External letters to collaborate with other health disciplines
  • Program creation for individuals or groups
  • Letters of donation to companies
  • Facilitating meetings by writing minutes

These skills coalesce to bring a unique writing perspective to engage an array of diverse audiences. Although I have not written formally, I learn through doing and love to take on new challenges working comfortably individually and within a group.

Look at my application letter and consider how my unique background can add to your available technical writing team position.

I appreciate your consideration of my application, and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Samantha Teeple

301 Samantha Teeple Application Letter

A Letter of Application

This letter is a sample of an application letter for a position on the 301 Technical Writing Class team. Following this application letter is a relevant links section to quickly download my letter of application and guide you to individualized email message samples for potential team members.

——————————————————–

May 29, 2022

301 Technical Writing Class

Dear 301 Technical Writing Class:

Please consider my application for the position as a professional member of the 301 Technical Writing team, as advertised in September 2020 on the UBC 301 Technical Writing Blog. At the end of this summer, I will complete my technical writing program at the University of British Colombia. I have already graduated from Canadore college’s dental hygiene program with a decade of dedication.

As a dental hygienist, technical writing is part of my daily practice by completing chart notes, impromptu memos to dentists and colleagues, letter’s to interprofessional teams on the collaboration of clients, and creating programs for individual and group learning. These varieties of professional writing styles accompany my volunteer experience as a member of the Rotaract club. At Rotaract, writing technical letters to companies for donations and taking minutes in meetings was standard and will facilitate my flexibility in various technical writing formats that your team may require.

I am a hard worker who continually strives to learn new things by taking action, working either independently or cohesively alongside others, as I have done professionally and through volunteering. Although I have not officially worked as a technical writer, I believe my unique experiences will allow me to engage audiences and illuminate them with my writing perspective. My work ethic and professional training propel me to strive for the highest standards.

If you feel my unique writing perspective and ability to work well independently and in groups would be an asset to your technical writing team, please feel free to contact me on weekdays after 4:00 pm at (606) 705-2022.

Sincerely,

Samantha Teeple

Email: steeple@student.ubc.ca for group member inquiries.

Relevent Links

Downloadable Application letter:

301 Samantha Teeple Application Letter

Following the application letter are my three email messages to perspective writing teammates. Click the link below to view the personalized  professional email messages.