Self Assessment Reflection

Coming into this Technical Writing 301 course was honestly not something I looked forward to and will be happy to have achieved completion.

Expectations:

• Hard
  • Lots of writing
  • Won’t be useful
  • No guidance

Reality:

• Easy guidelines
  • Challenging but educational
  • Many “real world” applications
  • Lots of writing projects

There were many assignments where I was thankful for the opportunity to correct flaws in my work, some small and some larger. Through the peer-review process we were able to gain valuable feedback from our classmates that guided us in individual improvement in a constructive method.

I found when reviewing my peers work I would realize things within my own work that needed to be addressed. I enjoyed the learning through reviewing methodology.

One of the strengths that I realized through completion of this technical writing course is I am great at taking and applying creative feedback.

The learning obtained through this course is something that can guide me in my future educational initiatives by having an in-depth understanding of what goes into an application package for graduate school.

Within the workplace I write more professional emails to my colleagues now. I also have capability of creating blogs or feasibility reports for a workplace or volunteering initiative.