About Me

Hello, I am Samantha Teeple, a student of the UBC technical writing course where I aim to acquire an expansion of writing skills to engage in various methods of communication from a dental hygiene perspective.

My academic history includes the completion of a diploma in both dental assisting and dental hygiene from Canadore college in Ontario, where I worked before moving to Alberta. In Alberta, I obtained the ability to perform local anesthetic, a post-diploma program from U of A. My education journey continues with my current enrollment in the UBC BSDC Dental Hygiene degree program.

I am very interested in completing my dental hygiene degree to expand my professional knowledge base and allow for future health promotion, policy development, or research opportunities. Although I am uncertain of the path I want to take with my degree afterwards, I feel strongly about lifelong learning and the need for continued educational opportunities.

With this course, I want to expand on my forms of communication as reaching target populations will vary in our ever-evolving technological world. By combining my elective teaching adults and various forms of communication with this technical writing course, I hope to actively learn about proper communication methods through effective writing that informs and engages audiences.

In my free time, I enjoy all the K-dramas. I would seriously talk your ear off about them, mountain biking, obstacle course racing, rock climbing, and eating unique fusion foods. I love to bake, where I take my passion for fusion foods by mixing unique flavours to make exciting creations. I think my next hobby will be river surfing, which is a fast-growing activity in my city.

Pompom
I also have the cutest puppy named Pomelo or PomPom for his nickname. Pompom is a cockapoo which is a mix between a cocker spaniel and a poodle. He loves the outdoors and being really active. He just had his first birthday and was spoiled with lots of treats and presents.