Posted by: | 24th Oct, 2010

Google Instant

Most of you have probably already tried the new Google Instant. This is a huge change for the most used search engine in the world. When I first saw this, my reaction was “Who changed my settings?” I found out very soon this wasn’t the case.

Changes take time to get used to, and many people dislike Google Instant at the moment. However, on this video it shows all the advantages to Google Instant, primarily focused on time saving. Similar to auto fill-in, Google Instant can search the whole phrase for you after you just type part of it.

This definitely saves time. Google Instant though brings a few issues, for example how did the consumers of Google Instant find it? Many people dislike Google Instant, and the fault of this could be because of the way Google Instant was delivered. Google Instant was a setting that was defaulted on, and with no information of the changes and such, billions of Google users just started instantly using it. Millions and millions however, found the change perhaps confusing and in a sense showed dissonance for it.

Search engines and the technology will always continue to advance, hopefully Google Instant can find a way to find more consumers to like their new products.

Leave a response

Your response: