In response to Candela’s post “”IF THE UNITED NATIONS WAS FULLY FUNDED WHY WOULD WE NEED THE ARC OR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE”?”

Candela’s Blog: http://blogs.ubc.ca/candelahackel/

Social Enterprise is a great initiative. I could not agree with Candela more when I say in the words of John Wooden “Little things make big things happen.” Social Enterprise’s ideals are admirable and their work ethic even more so. If it’s something our corporate industry and just the world in general needs, is a little selflessness and that is just what Social Enterprise aims to deliver.

The way we move forward as a civilisation is making sure that whatever we do, even if it is “little”, moves towards a better tomorrow. Candela mentioned The Arc, a relatively small scale project with big ambitions launched by Sauder. This project carries more weight than most would think. Everyone needs help, aid is required for growth and that is just what The Arc Initiative provides in Africa, where we want to inject just a little more hope.

Ethiopia-class (1)

I am completely in favour of Candela’s ideas, and agree with her belief that small-scale enterprises play an equally important role in today’s world as compared to large scale enterprises. I commend her on her great post and look forward to reading more of her blog.

wpid-smes