Recent Posts

Authors

Recent Comments

login

Leonardo Da Vinci – credit to Brother of Purity and thoughts on art gallery

I was reading another article about Science and Islam during the Golden Ages and the author referred to Leonardo Da Vinci and his drawing of the Vitruvian Man and mentioned that Da Vinci said a man’s center was not at his navel but lower. As you may or may not know FIVE centuries earlier the Brothers of purity or Ikhwan Al Safa said the same thing. I wonder if the exhibition had that fact or is this another thing that Mr. Leonardo left out. On that note I personally loved the exhibition I love art galleries, I find them really fascinating and it actually made quiet a good conversation with one of my friends the other day. Hope you all enjoyed it! I came out of the gallery wishing that I knew how to read Italian. And Yes Muslim scientists are amazing and it’s sad that they weren’t credited but we can’t deny that western scientists discovered some pretty amazing things too. We shouldn’t (not saying that we do) glorify one civilisation over the other whether it be Islamic or European civilisation.