Task 5 -Twine

This was a tricky task for me this week. I have used coding apps with students before but I felt a LOT out of my comfort zone with the Twine app. That said, as much as I created a pretty basic Twine story, I am happy that I was able to figure out at least how to create the links to go back and forth within the story. I had difficulty with adding any pictures (even after using the cheat sheet) but I did enjoy using this space for creating a silly choose your own adventure about Squamish, BC. I will look into exploring this more with my staff and students moving forward.

Connecting to this week’s readings, I considered how organize text on websites or applications that we use such as Twine to make meaning and link information for the reader. The Twine application was a great way to showcase how easily we can navigate between different pages on web pages and online platforms. This changes how quickly we can access information compared to original printed texts. This has created simplicity in ways we can link to more information with the web pages and text we share and how fast we can access new knowledge today.

To view my Twine Story, copy and paste this link into another tab:

file:///C:/Users/shain/Downloads/Squamish%20Adventure%20(6).html

Bolter, Jay David. (2001). Writing space: computers, hypertext, and the remediation of print. New York, NY: Routledge.