I am so excited that I’m going to meet someone I deeply admire! Scott Young is an author and blogger who writes about productivity and self-mastery. I’ve subscribed to his blog for quite some time now and now I’m going to meet him on my birthday. If you’re interested in learning how to learn and career development, check out Scott’s blog at http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/
Now if I could also meet Cal Newport, Leo B from ZenHabits, LadyKayMD, Andrea Tooley, Cassey Ho and … (this list goes on and on )
As my birthday is coming quickly around the corner, my friends have been asking me what I want and what I want to do to celebrate. I’ve often replied, “Nothing.” My ideal birthday doesn’t involve any gifts or fancy night out. I really don’t need any things. In fact, I believe that I need to live with less. Things don’t make me happy. Having more things can make me unhappy because things can become clutter and once I have things, I’ll want more things. Once I want things, the wanting never stops. So for my birthday, I don’t want material items or money being wasted. My ideal birthday would involve:
- Spending time with those that I care about. Perhaps over a meal, or casually chatting over snacks at home, or teasing each other and laughing and the laughter becoming white puffs in the chilly autumn air, or doing laundry together with my mom. That’s what I like.
- Spending time quietly to reflect on the last year of my life that has gone by. Perhaps while all cozy with a notebook and pen or while sweating it out on a nice long run in the early morning.
- Time writing writing and writing
- Relaxing because I know that all my studying and homework is already be (mostly) done
- As much I love people, I feel like I haven’t had much time to myself nowadays. I’m thankful that I’m constantly surrounded by a bright, cheerful, caring, loyal and supportive crowd of family and friends but I need a break to stop and think about who I’ve been this past year and what kind of person I want to be to this world for the next year.
A preview of this upcoming week: (sorry for all the abbreviations.)
- LEAP Launch Party and Orientation at the Arts Club Theatre on Granville Island tomorrow. I have to get to sleep after I’m done writing this!
- Time with my favourite
- Study time with my best friend (Best Friends Forever!! )
- Lots and lots of studying and prepping for meetings etc
- A light workout
- Lunch with my Big
- Physics quiz.
- LEAP first session at BMO Theatre Centre, which means that I have to miss RD crew appreciation that evening. That’s too bad because I really want to see the crew. I could stop by after LEAP but that would be pretty late and I should probably go home instead.
- Volunteering as a sighted guide for VocalEye AGM meeting downtown.
- Math quiz
- Research meeting at HVEM
- One of those brutal 9-5 non-stop Fridays… sigh. But I love Chem lab so I’ll have something to look forward to.
- Need to prep for REX meeting
Then it’ll be next weekend. I think this week is going to fly by.
Hope you all are going to amazing weekends!