Potential guest posts, LEAP, VocalEye AGM

Guest posts hopefully coming soon from Alyssa, Veena, Andy. Every student at UBC has an unique experience that can be shaped by the faculty that you’re in, the classes you take, the on-campus and off-campus organizations that you’re involved in and your future goals. Alyssa and Veena are two of my closest friends 🙂 and Andy is a very silly but sweet human. I’m asking our buddy Kevin if he also would be willing to write a little post.  I don’t know what they’re going to write about but I’ll list some things about each of them are knowledgeable about and/or might interest some of you readers! I bet that one of them will punch me for exposing their intelligence and awesomeness on this blog.

Alyssa:

• I bow down to Alyssa for her skills making the BEST study plans, catch-up plans, study for finals plans. She is sooo good so she might share her method or tips for making totally awesome study plans so that you don’t feel as stressed about all that you need to do/study.  She is one of the most organized girlies I know 🙂
  • Alyssa has a different career goal than I do so for those of you interested in Pharmacy, watch out for her post! I think she’s pretty committed to this and probably knows a ton about what courses are required for applying, other requirements for applying for pharmacy school, etc. This information may be super helpful to those of you dreaming of becoming pharmacists.
  • She also has a super long commute everyday so perhaps tips on dealing with that and waking up so early.
  • Alyssa is also super sweet and kind hearted.

Veena:

• She’s getting involved with several on-campus clubs such as Canadian Liver Foundation and Circle K. Veena’s involvement in clubs and leadership amazes me. She probably knows more about the many clubs on campus than I’ll ever know so if she leaves her email with her post, seek out her wisdom!
  • Veena is super knowledgeable about what medical school requirements are: courses for applying, courses needed for the MCAT, when to take MCAT, all these extracurricular and other requirements. Since I’ve come to UBC, I realized that a sizable number of students in my classes are interested in pursuing a medical degree so Veena’s wisdom on all this may interested a significant number of you.
  • She is also one of the smartest friends I have 🙂 Ask her about how she manages to totally knock midterms out of the park.
  • Both Veena and Alyssa are modest and are incredibly genuine about supporting each other to do our best! I know I can count on both of them to always have my back. 🙂

Andy:

• Andy really wanted to be featured here but just to spite him, I will make my description of him short.
  • When we all parted for our respective buses today, he said he would make muffins but not share them.
  • He’s focusing his studies on Computer Science. He makes cool animations.
  • He is probably going to read this and demand a better representation.  (too bad hehe)

Monday:

• Lunch with my Big and Misaki. Unfortunately, I don’t have the choice of remaining as a New Member. I
  • Much to my horror, I fell asleep for several hours right after school.
  • Biomechanics /Physics Circular Motion night with Misaki.

Tuesday:

• 1st LEAP Intensive session: Backstage tour of the BMO Theatre. The costume storage is HUGE. Construction of the set for Peter and the Starcatcher is occurring at the same time that construction on the building is! The new space is amazing!!

Wednesday (Today)

• Volunteered as a sighted buddy for VocalEye’s  Annual General Meeting downtown: I love volunteering with VocalEye a lot because VocalEye’s work and mission are incredibly meaningful. I enjoyed meeting a number of VocalEye members today. I was amazed when I heard a summary of all the accomplishments (successive fundraising, grants won, awareness events, shows described) this year during the annual report. I look forward to volunteering with VocalEye again soon.