Two midterms done & Campus Food

Artwork in the bathroom. Credit to Leah Schimdt.

Artwork in the bathroom. Art is everywhere. You just need to look! Credit to Leah Schimdt.

Food

I purposely avoid buying food on campus too often to save money. I usually bring snacks or an extra meal from home but today I splurged and bought food.

An awesome girl I know works at Bubble Waffle so if you ever crave Hong Kong Style bubble waffle, bubble tea, curry fishballs or hot soup and noodles, go to Bubble Waffle!

While we’re talking about food, I shared a box of sushi from Bento Sushi (next to the Sauder building) with a friend because we wanted some food in our stomachs before the chem midterm. The sushi wasn’t the best I ever had and it was pricey. I doused  my sushi with wasabi and soy sauce. However, two of our other friends got teriyaki chicken bowls and those looked pretty good.

While we’re on the topic of food, I burned my tongue with a hot drink. Be careful with hot drinks everyone!

Academics

My first Biology and Chemistry midterms are now over! In my mind, I was expecting these midterms to be mammoth but they were actually short.

Sorority Life

I missed Pledge ceremony and Big-Little Reveal tonight. I hurried to the chapter room soaked from the rain and looking like a beautiful disheveled mess but I don’t get to find out who my Big sister is until Monday. Ahhhhhh I really want to know who she is! Something I looked forward to most is having a big sister who will be both a close friend and a  mentor. There are no girls close to my age in my family. Even ALL (seriously ALL) of my cousins are male. Although I love my cousins a lot and have them to thank for introducing me to road hockey, horror movies and R.L. Stine, cars built for speed, I really wanted to experience what it is like to have sisters!

Happy Thursday everyone!