Finance – Burberry’s weak sales in China

After having an interesting lecture on finance, I felt that it was only logical to explore this topic more in person. Reading, viewing and analyzing from a broad category of data available online, finance left me with an overwhelming image of present-day economies. From the many articles I read, “Burberry confirms weak sales In China” struck me the most.

Burberry shares declined in China after the company issued a surprise profit warning related to the downturn in China. With a plunge of 19% in Burberry shares, analysts asserted that the weakening of the Chinese economy was liable for the company’s poor performance.  Even though Burberry suffered this hit in its Chinese market, the overall revenues remained eight percent higher then they were six months ago.

Learning further about the brand, related articles expressed how Burberry would now sell its perfumes and its beauty products in its own stores and take back control of the sales of all its products. The initial news article published by BBC (Burberry confirms weak sales in China) illustrated how it encompassed such a large variety of topics, involved other nations, and computed limitless numbers; portraying altogether, the complexity of any one company and the depth present in Finance.

Bibliography and Other References:

Burberry’s New Strategy

“Burberry Confirms Weak China Sales Figures.” BBC News. BBC, 10 Nov. 2012. Web. 18 Nov. 2012. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19907560>.