NURS 180 – Winter 2023

Sruthy

I chose music for my self-care project. Music has been a crucial part of my life and I wanted to showcase my talent. In addition to music, I incorporated the box-breathing technique we learned earlier in the course. However, I used this technique in the past, but since the pandemic, I haven’t gotten a chance to compete. As a result, I forgot how the technique worked. From learning about this in class, I remembered how to do box-breathing and I am using this for my upcoming voice exam in the coming year.

Here is the video of me singing a song I did for my 2020 online competition before we went into lockdown. 

Kevin

Hello everyone! I’m excited to share my creative project, a professional photography website featuring my passion for capturing moments and expressing myself through the lens. I find solace in the art of editing, using it as a therapeutic escape from stress and negative thoughts. The website is divided into three sections: an introduction to my project, a showcase of my summer break adventures in Taiwan, and another featuring my experiences in Canada. I hope you have the chance to explore the beauty I’ve captured during the summer of 2023!

Kyle

Hey everyone! I decided to create a running vlog for my self-care creative project. The ‘Run for Fun Vlog’ highlights a variety of practices that support mental health. Life comes with its share of challenges, but it is crucial to find happiness wherever possible. Hence, I created the ‘Run for Fun Vlog’ to have fun through exercising and inspire others to seek out happiness in their own lives. After all, life should be enjoyed like a fun run.

I hope everyone enjoys the vlog and I can’t wait to see everyone’s project !! 🙂

Saif

I wrote a poem about a warrior who, after facing his first crushing defeat, was sent to a different realm. It’s a story of a warrior embarking on re-discovering his purpose and regaining determination and drive after being defeated. The poem closely mirrors my struggle with depression in 2021 and how I eventually overcame it.

Sheng

I made a vlog discussing some strategies I used for self-care, my experience with incorporating them into my daily life, and how it has helped with my well-being.