Another Win for Airbus?

On Sept 25th was an exciting day for an Airbus fan like me because the Airbus A320neo took its maiden flight. The A320neo is a game-changing narrow-body aircraft, burning 20% less fuel, offering an extended range and a more comfortable cabin, while costing less to operate and maintain.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/A320neoTakeoff.jpg

This plane is so revolutionary that its main competitor (Boeing’s B737MAX) will not have its maiden flight until 2017!

I think Airbus must get on selling this plane ASAP, because the rising fuel prices and increased passenger numbers are making the A320neo the poster child for an airline’s dream plane.

Positioning is key, and Airbus has a spectacular product that allows it to position in countless ways. I would focus on positioning it as the only fuel efficient and cheap-to-maintain plane available within the next few years that flies highly to lowly populated short to medium haul routes. In that case, it targets many large markets, and sets up a niche years before its competitor’s maiden flight.

Airbus must get this plane in production as soon as possible because the earlier the airlines operate this plane, the sooner this plane proves itself, and the sooner this plane crushes the B737MAX!